Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday December 7, 2007

15 miles 2:03 Cherry River+Story Hills (Puma Cortland II)
God, it was cold this morning; 7 degrees, but up in the hills the wind was blowing like no other and I didn't have a jacket on so things were getting pretty dire. This morning, my ankle seemed a little bit more sore than usual, but the foot was a little better--for some reason I'd rather have the ankle hurt than the foot. Pretty tired this morning--probably because I didn't run until the afternoon yesterday and didn't get to bed until late last night, so the pace was considerably slower than yesterday. Still, all in all a good run, but I'm already getting tired of running these same trails over and over because everything good is completely snowed in. A major plus was running through the very narrow, forested trails down by the East Gallatin River---I felt like I was in a painting the way that the snow was stuck to everything like giant tufts of cotton.

4 comments:

Mark C. Smith, "The Naked Runner" said...

I love how the grass always seems to be greener on the other side. ha You are tired of the same ol' trails and I wish I could find a single trail around here to run on. I guess it's all just a matter of choices, isn't it? We choose where we live and with that comes the abundance or lack thereof of good running venues. Enjoy the beauty of your surroundings cuz there ain't no snow in Lubbock. ha Take care.
Mark

Zach said...

Yeah, I know how it can feel in with the cold and wind, I live in Alaska and it is usually about -20 and windy up here.

Zach said...

That usually drops my average to about half of what it is in the summer.

Michael Kanning said...

Hey, Tarzan, it generally doesn't get too cold in the jungle, but when you go running in the mountains in December, it's generally nice to bring a few layers ;) I know what you mean about running the same trails over and over, which is what I've been doing lately. But we must remember to be thankful to have them near us; it's a lesson I only learned after spending a month in San Antonio, where the nearest trail is an hours drive to the nearest state park. Just stick it out and the good stuff will come.

-Michael